Bean Bag Chairs Are Unique Valentines Gifts
Posted on Wednesday, 25 January 2012
Just a few more weeks until more love is in the air than usual! Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays because it's so fun! I know, I know, there's so much commercialism from the cookie-cutter greeting cards to the thousands of dollars spent on things that aren't going to last very long anyway (think: another expensive vase of flowers or a box of candy that no one needs to eat this close to the Christmas eating bonanza we all just went through!).First, I have to do my duty and remind everyone that Ahhprods bean bag chairs are always a hit on Valentines Day. It's fun, practical, and definitely more special than a stuffed animal! Bean bag chairs are great gifts for everyone in the family, from the kids to the adults. We've got tons of reds, pinks, and even hearts for Valentines Day. Plus so many more colors and patterns in a bunch of cool fabrics. And, of course, all of our bean bags come with a washable cover, water-repel liner, and 10 year warranty!
OK, on to my awesome Valentines Day gift ideas that are practical, fun, and worth the effort. Did I mention FREE?
My all-time favorite FREE gift is the ever-popular handmade coupon book. Cut up some paper, staple it together, and decorate the cover with your loved one's name. Fancy or simple, it doesn't matter because it's what's inside that will make them smile. Each page in the book is a coupon that can be torn out and redeemed. When a coupon is handed to you, be prepared to fulfill your duty. With this in mind, make sure you include any necessary notes like expiration dates, or contingencies like "only if you've done your homework", or "only if I'm not currently super upset at you".
Today's episode: Coupons for Kids!
1. Breakfast for dinner
2. They choose what's for breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack
3. A get-away-with-it pass
4. An outing to the park/zoo/water-slide pool
5. $5 and a trip to the dollar store or Target's bargain bins
6. A hug
7. A kiss
8. A bike ride/rollerblading together
9. A skip on a chore (you can give a list of eligible chores so they don't skip bathing for 3 days straight)
10. A smartphone/ipad app
11. Stay up late (how late, on which days?)
12. Play with Mommy/Daddy for an hour straight, no interruptions YIKES! (games, in the backyard, etc.)
13. Play with friends for an hour straight, no interruptions
14. A pass on eating something at a meal
15. Their choice of what to watch on TV for the next hour
16. Their choice of an appropriate movie to go to and when they want to go
17. A play date of their choice
18. A pass to not practice their instrument once
19. Draw with Mommy/Daddy for an hour, no interruptions
20. A meal in bed while watching TV
What else can you add? We'd love your ideas!
Yours truly, Jade